Topic: Unpacking White Supremacy: Adding History Context
Segment: D Report
Participants: Elliot Kim, Public Historian
Broadcast Air Date: 8/18/17 on KUCR 88.3 FM.
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive page: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
– What is white supremacy?
– What is the relationship of White Supremacy and with violence?
– How is the term White supremacy in incomplete?
– Do we have to excuse our descriptions for the incidents in Charlottesville?
– Is “Hate speech” applicable of the Alt-right the protest Organizers?
– Have we learned to double speak?
– Why do we say the ” two sides” are equal?
– Did the ant–fa and anarchists save lives from being crushed by racists?
– What is the historical context of White Supremacy?
– What is the social construction of race?
– Is racism ancient?
– Race and racism develops in the rise of colonialism?
– The Irish weren’t White?
– How does the colonial enterprise marks the construction of whiteness?
– What is the intersectional analysis of the incidents Charlottesville?
– White supremacy is a process of erasure.
– White supremacy is a resurgence of the context of national basis?
– What are the models of whiteness?
– Why no one taken seriously if they believe race is biological real?
– Why can’t white supremacy be limited to hatred?
– The creation of whiteness in its inception activates white supremacy?
– The norm, the point of comparison is part of white supremacy.
– What does I mean to protect whiteness.
– What is the history of whiteness?
– Is whiteness protecting the status of privilege?
– The creation of whiteness can be documented?
– The insistence of defending whiteness is a denial of your specific history?
– Can we divorce ourselves from these cancerous terms?
– What if there is beauty in calling yourself white?
– Isn’t calling yourself white a denial of people’s original history?
– Hasn’t whiteness been about erasing of family history?
– Whiteness has been a blunt instrument to beat people into assimilation.
– Can we stand up against violence and hatred?
– What if you don’t identify or present as white?
– White supremacy activates nation building and legal construct.
– What about the white only citizenship criteria.
– Whiteness has benefitted people up to his morning?
– Are we working hard to pass as white and make our children white?
-Is the US citizenship a form of implication to whiteness?
– Does white supremacy activate fear?
– Can you disassociate your selves from the violence of Charlottesville if you still benefit from whiteness?
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.