Topic: Chicana Student Programs @ UCR: History, Strength and Transformations
Segment: D Report
Participants: Cecilia Lemus UCR Riverside student , Arlene Cano Matute , Program Coordinator,
Kat Soque, UCR Riverside student
Broadcast Air Date: 03/09/18
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
Station: KUCR 88.3 FM Riverside, CA
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
– What is the History of Chicana Student Programs at UC Riverside? http://www.csp.ucr.edu/,
– Why did students, faculty and community feel in 1972 it was necessary to create Chicana Student Program?
– What is cultural identity development?
– What does it mean to be Chicana, Chicano, and or Chicanx?
– What happens when the community demands permanent safe space?
– How does Chicana Student Programs offer an opportunity to archive and access communal knowledge?
– What are the three pillars of Chicana Student Programs? (The answer: Familia , Orgullo y Corazon)
– If there is not a table, we create a table together?
– How do we consistently assure that the permanent structures such as Chicana student program are protected?
– Is Chicana Student Programs built like a home?
– How do students pass on strength, support, safety and happiness from one generation to another?
– How can new students enter the Chicana Student Program circle?
– Is it a contradiction that as people get stronger through the safety provided within Chicana Student Programs, the university may question the relevance of Chicana Student Program’s continued need for safety?
– What stories would the CSP table tell if it could share all the talks that have been shared?
– Is there a factor of hesitation or intimidation as a barrier to enter Chicana Student Program?
– Can you enter Chicana Student Programs if you don’t identify Latina/ Latinx, Chicana, Chicano, and or Chicana?
– How is Chicana Student Programs greater than the confines of the four walls?
– Can you take a nap at Chicana Student Programs?
– What is imposter syndrome?
– How is Chicana Student Programs different from 30 years ago?
– What are the new conversations, new ideas and new directions of Chicana Student Program?
– How is love within Chicana Student Programs, transformative?
– When is the 17th annual Cesar Chavez 5K? (Answer: April 17, 2018 visit https://cesarchavez5k.com/,