Topic: immigration, Riverside, SB 54 and Sanctuary Cities
Segment: D Report
Participants: Luis Nolasco, Policy advocate with ACLU Southern California
Broadcast Air Date: 04/27/18
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
Station: KUCR 88.3 FM Riverside, CA
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
– What are Sanctuary cities?
– What is the official and unofficial position of Riverside city towards immigrants?
– SB 54, California Values Act
– How do we untangle the collaborate work of city police and sheriff and federal immigration custom enforcement?
– Is the anti-immigrant effort a reflection of racism?
– Is being stopped by the police the same as being stopped by ICE?
– How is SB 54 an appropriate and good policy to safe-guard our communities?
– What are the misunderstandings regarding what sanctuary cities are able to legally do?
– Why are cities participating in law suit to challenge SB 54?
– Is the “ traveling circus” composed of Alt-right members?
– Will the city of Riverside join the suit to oppose SB54?
– Why did the 2014 resolution to affirmatively declare riverside as a “welcoming city “ to immigrants and refugees fail?
– Why is there a resolution to affirmatively to oppose sb54, if the city has already voted to “ remain neutral” regarding the subject of federal immigration policy?
– Is the anti-immigrant campaign, a movement of White Supremacy/ White Nationalism?
– How is White Nationalism built into the foundations of the United States?
– How do we build a more direct form of conversation to get to the core of the issues in debate?
– How do we wake up every morning to transform the world for the better?