Topic: Politics, Community Participation, Environmental Advocacy
Segment: D Report
Participants: David Power MA , Law Student and former Political Consultant
Broadcast Air Date: 02/22/19
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
Station: KUCR 88.3 FM Riverside, CA
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
-How do we keep up with all the information coming through out screens?
– Are environmental concerns universally addressed throughout the United States?
– What is the Green New Deal?
– Are water issues being taken seriously among the other community concerns?
– Is there a relationship between the pollution of water, air ,land and physical illness?
– Why do we accept the new normal of a contaminated environment?
– Why do we accept eating at places that have warning signs stating the presence of chemicals known to cause cancer within their establishments?
– Is the Green New Deal a political party issue?
– How much food is thrown away by restaurants and food stores?
-What will happen to communities once the companies have extracted all the gas from underground via Fracking?
– Can we have a transportation future where people move across through countries to work?
– Are the institution of the United States working as they were advertised?
– Is there a frustration growing among people seeing the transparency of inequality?
-What are the different sects of power?
– Are corporations more powerful than the government mechanisms?
– Are the old institutions able to catch up with the new thought patterns of a social network age?