Topic: Community Healing, Culture, Migrations, Beautiful Gifts
Participants: Karina Gonzalez, Marriage and Family Therapist
Broadcast Air Date: 04/05/19
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
Station: KUCR 88.3 FM Riverside, CA
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
– Are counselors a form of healers?
– What are the different fears being expressed in our communities?
-How do we build spaces for the healing of emotional wounds?
-Can we find the joy in things which are necessary to heal?
-Why do some of us feel guilty for acknowledging joyfulness?
– How do we take inventory of the beautiful gifts with in us?
– Who do we define the term culture?
– Can you outline the specific community and relationships as “your circle” of membership?
– Most of us what to trust people.
– How do we walk toward a more trusting and beautiful space?
– Why were we told a distorted narrative of humanity?
– How do we stop internalizing the physical conditions of difficulty from becoming permanent definitions of ourselves?
– Past generations saw different worlds?
– how do we protect the beautiful knowledge in order to gift it to the next generation?
-Are people hurting so much that they can’t see how they impact other people?
– How did the stories of the war in El Salvador enter our homes?
– What stories from the past do we keep to build a better tomorrow?