Topic: Cultivo Nepantla, Mycelium, Cancun, Mushrooms, Sustainable Future,
Title: Cultivo Nepantla:Working with Mycelium, Knowledge and Community.
Participants: Susie Sanchez Valenzuela and Alfonso Enrique Valenzuela, Founders of Cultivo Nepantla
Release Date: 08/20/20
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
Homepage : http://www.dreport.org,
Additional sites to listen:
https://anchor.fm/dreport, https://www.breaker.audio/d-report, https://overcast.fm/itunes1515004846/d-report, https://radiopublic.com/d-report-WdVVJM, https://open.spotify.com/show/63B5tR8WQPYJ6PtzEQhdBu, https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending,
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
- Find out about Cultivo Nepanta on:
–facebook.com/ cultivo- nepantla
–youtube.com- Clean Cancun-Sustainable Urban Mushroom Farm
- How does your perspective change, if you move from Riverside to Cancun?
- Do you ask yourself, “who are we?,” “where do we come from?”
- How do we explain a leaving the United states to older generations that risked so much to enter the United States?
- Would our movements be more free-flowing, if national borders did not exist?
- Did the grand-parents of our grand-parents have the same life questions that we have today?
- What are some things that you cannot take with you when you move from the United States to Mexico?
- What does it mean to be “Mexican- American” in Mexico?
- How do we acknowledge that our past experiences are preparation for this time we are now living?
- Can we accept starting from zero as a necessary experience of growth?
- How do we convert non-assets in the United States into assets in Mexico?
- How did COVID-19 affect the tourist industry in Cancun?
- COVID-19 shut down global economies but also created new opportunities?
- What does the term Nepantla mean?
- Nepantla means, occupying the spaces in-between.
- Creating a bridge with people, knowledge and community.
- How does the mushroom connect our world in endless ways?
- What is the circular economy?
- This moment is asking for something new.
- What can we learn from mushrooms?
- Mycelium connects our natural world.
- Can Mycelium be used to breakdown cardboard?
- What are the rules for how resources are produced, distributed and consumed in the local economy?
- What are the many possibilities for Cultivo Nepantla?
- Can we convert waste into food?
- Follow Cultivo Nepantla on social Media.
- What is the funding campaign to support the growth of Cultivo Nepantla?
- COVID-19 transformed how we look but cannot transform what we care about.
- Creating a network of knowledge and support.
- How are we preparing for the future after COVID-19?
- How can we support and participate with Cultivo Nepantla?
- Donate to Cultivo nepantial here: