Segment: D Report
Participants: Diana Flores, San Francisco Housing Rights-based Organizer and Artist
Broadcast Air Date: 07/14/17 on KUCR 88.3 FM.
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
– What are the multiple ways that our communities give us inspiration, guidance
– Do you need an MBA to sell elotes?
– what is the imaginative hustle?
– Why do we invest in getting accreditation and or validation when our communities are already enough?
-Is college the only way to “make it?”
– Are people rationalizing their struggles as a result believing that they are “not good enough?”
– What if you did go to college and have three jobs just to survive ?
– Who sells you your future and or purpose?
– What are we holding on to measurements as metrics of productivity?
– What if our communities have a different strategy of measuring health acceptance and purpose?
– What type of ego and confidence do we need to preserver and thrive?
– As first-generation immigrant communities, our parents told us we were not supposed to work as hard as them, but what if we are working harder?
– What happens if you forget once you make it in?
– What if the same amount of money used to pay for school was used to start a business?
– Why do we need to keep in touch with the “organic subsistence?”
– When you have people and truth you have power to negotiate.
– What happens when you forget all the magic you had before?
– Is it easier to get visa if you have half a million dollars in your pocket?
– What magic do immigrant communities hold?
– Why does the nation state require immigrant communities to forget?
– What does it mean to access the organic intellect from community memory?
– Can we see the community magic?
– are people afraid to own their respective magic
– Can we harness and comfortably express our own authenticity?
– Are we afraid of our own power?
– Is there a way that we carry trauma that allows to both forget and not forget?
– Do we question if our respective magic is not enough?
-What is the vision of the future we want to create?
– Are we choosing safety or jumping in trust of the universe?
– Not everyone has the same magic?
– What are pockets of protective magic for recent immigrant communities?
– What are visions, the dreams of possibilities for those that have not forgotten?
– What if we walk away from institutions that were not built by us for us?
– What if challenges and obstacles are puzzles to figure out?
– Why does gentrification have such an aggressive attempt to erase?
– How do paisas express so much celebration and adornment within such struggle?
– Why don’t we affirm ourselves enough?
– What happens when you fight repression with joy?
– The act of resistance and resilience does not have to be controlled by the oppressor?
– How can people magic healed us?
– Why do I have to be humble because you are insecure?
– We don’t war but what do we want?
– You may have more things but you are not rich.
– What are the many ways of travel?
– Can you travel away enough by just leaving your block?
– How is it that some people walk around with so much magic and power that they glow?
– How do you transform and liberate yourself?
– What is your own magic?
– How do we live our lives as full human beings?
Send comments about this segment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.