03/22/19 New Directions in Organizing and Community Work-Creation and imagination
Topic: Imagination, health and resistance, community organizing movement work, future
Participants: Diana Flores, Organizer, Educator and Artist
Broadcast Air Date: 03/12/19
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
Station: KUCR 88.3 FM Riverside, CA
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
– Can we take moment to check how we feel?
– Do we feel whole?
-What is the “price” that we pay for doing good work?
-How much work is required to have presence and support to build and nourish one another?
– What is the effect of trauma in building community?
– What is role of ganas to commit yourself to body of work necessary to make this world more just?
– Are we leading with more fear than hope?
-How have the political realities hindered our imagination as organizers?
– What is transformative and healing organizing work?
-Have your read the book, “Care work” by
– What are the relationships between anti-capitalist politics and disability right movements?
– What is our individual part of the strategy for collective liberation?
-How do learn to see that we are supported by solidarity and ally ship and things that are yet to come?
-What is laboratory imagination?
– Should we give the microphone to the loudest or extrovert?
– Do we look at challenges as obstacles?
– How do we take ownership of our imagination to acknowledge that another world is possible?
– Can we question, “who’s imagination are we living in?”
– Is it disruptive to live in time that we do not want to be in?
-Can we imagine a future where inequalities not possible?
– What is compassion fatigue?
-Can a Facebook “like” replace physical engagement?
-How doe we acknowledge the daily moments of bravery?
– Can we acknowledge or community bravery, that exists in daily defiance’s of risks in order to feed themselves and loved ones?
– How do practices daily gratitude?
– Can we imagine a future where many worlds fit?