Topic: Peace and Dignity run 2020,
Participants: Atl Gonzales, Peace and Dignity ,
Broadcast Air Date: 02/14/2020
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
Station: KUCR 88.3 FM Riverside, CA
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
- How did the Peace and Dignity Journey begin?
- What is the generation that was born after World War 2, saw Vietnam war and lived the Chicana movement?
- What was it like to grow up in Chavez Ravine?
- What happens to children when they grow up in a violent place?
- How do we find peace when we have been through violence?
- What were the respective sources of spirituality for the Brown Berets, Black Panther and American Indian Movement?
- Spiritual leader Lenard Crow Dog
- Gustavo Gutierrez, UFW organizer and Peace and Dignity
- What was the first theme of the Peace and Dignity run?
- How do indigenous people manifest their right to exist?
- Why did the first peace and dignity run occur in 1992?
- Who were the Chicanos of 1960’s in comparison to the present Chicanos?
- How was Mexico different for indigenous people before NATFA?
- Why are Indigenous activists are being murdered in North and South America?
- What are the present genocidal acts being committed against indigenous people?
- What is the history of inventing Latino?
- Why did the Spanish and Portuguese colonizer call themselves Latinos?
- How does the Latino community outcast the indigenous community?
- Chicanas are part of the land, part of the Indigenous people.
- Running can be a healing experience.
- Why does the Los Angeles marathon start in Chavez Ravine?
- What does the staff held by the runners represent?
- What is lost in translating native teachings into the English language?
- Are our bodies water and fire?
- Where on our bodies is the center of the universe?
- What is the spiritual internet, the spiritual network?
- Thomas Banyacya (June 2, 1909 – 1999), Hopi elder
- Native people in the Americas are being threatened because of corporations’ Lithium mining interest
- The runners becomes instruments of healing
- For more information visit, https://peaceanddignity.net/