Topic Fatherhood, Covid19 and national Uprising movements
Title: Children Born for This Moment: A Parenting Conversation
Participants: Terrance Steward, State-Wide Director of Time Done and David Chavez Historian, ABD
Broadcast Air Date: 06/19/20
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
Station: KUCR 88.3 FM Riverside, CA
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
- How is Covid-19 and the response to advocate for police accountability adding pressures to parenting?
- What are the new conversations with our children regarding Covid-19 and Police violence?
- How do we balance our engagement with politics of an outside world and the relationships with our children?
- How did schooling change for our children when schools shut down?
- How is school going to be for children next year?
- How do we explain everything that is happening in this world to our children without scaring them?
- How do we prepare our children to deal with racism?
- When schools shut down, parents went into teacher-mode.
- Children can understand racism and anti-black violence.
- Are parents ready to send their children to physical classrooms this upcoming fall?
- How do we manage our concern for our families and our concern to stay engaged in the world that we care about?
- When did we realize that the shutdown might place our families at risk?
- Is it safe to take your children to the grocery store?
- It was surreal moment to see people’s fears empty stores of grocery supplies.
- How do you create a phone tree to build community support?
- How do we talk to our children to make sure they are OK?
- Many of our children have been at protests since the age of two.
- How do we keep our children from internalizing the hate?
- We must tell our kids, they were born for this moment too
- The children know that there is a reason why we are staying home and why we go outside to protest.
- How do we help our children understand that this moment will not stay like this forever and that there is a change coming?