Participants: VaNiesha Honani and Nicholas Rajen
Publish Date: 09/07/2022
Homepage : http://www.dreport.org
Also available on:
- Conversation Topics:
- What does a QA engineer do?
- What is the Fairchild plant project story?
- Native and indigenous community were naturally engineers?
- What is the story of Hopi women in Semiconductor manufacturing?
- Who is Richard Feynman?
- Where is California Indian Nations College?
- What is the relationship between semiconductor circuitry design and Navajo tapestry design?
- What are the different narratives about our respective communities?
- Have the STEM fields always been considered spaces for white men only?
- What is the story of indigenous women in the semiconductor and computer science field?
- How many Native Americans participate in coding?
- How do we incorporate our community traditions into our professional spaces?
- How has the semiconductor shaped our current reality?
- What are the roles of women in STEM?
- Women have been left out of recognition from the great discoveries?
- What is Rosalind Franklin relation to discovery of DNA Molecule?
- Emmy Noether mathematician
- What is role of the semiconductor in our lives?
- How did a Fairchild’s semiconductor factory end up in the Navajo reservation?
- What is the relationship between the Hopi weaving design and the final semiconductor design?
- How do we connect the history of colonialism, Native communities, and the Fairchild’s semiconductor factory placement on a reservation to employ native women?
- Why did Hewlett Packard (HP) follow the Fairchild project of establishing manufacturing plants Hopi and Navajo land?
- Why do we need to understand the history of colonialism to understand why the Fairchild semiconductor plant was built on a Native American reservation?
- Were the semiconductor engineers inspired by the native American sand paintings?
- Why are the resources of Hopi and Navajo nations quantified and targeted by corporations?
- Did the semiconductor circuit design copy the Navajo rug design?
- When did the American Indian Movement take over the Fairchild semiconductor plant?