Topic: A journalist’s insights to Orange County DA’s pattern: NO charges found for off-duty Police officer
Segment: D Report
Participants: Gabriel San Roman, Journalist, UCR Alum , writer for OC Weekly .
writer of OCDA: No Charges for Off-Duty LAPD Cop in Scuffle With Anaheim Teens
Broadcast Air Date: 2/2/18 KUCR 88.3 FM.
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
– OCDA: No Charges for Off-Duty LAPD Cop in Scuffle With Anaheim Teens
– Who is Kevin Ferguson?
– How does growing up in Anaheim allow for new journalism insights?
– What is the general assumption of Anaheim as white space?
– Is Anaheim the “happiest place on earth?”
– What is the history of Anaheim prior to 1955 historic
– What is the Anaheim citric strike of 1932?
– What will the census figure show of the super majority non- White?
– What is the history of incidents Anaheim of the community with police departments?
– How is race socially constructed and contested politically in the city spaces?
– Is the city contesting the change away a from whiteness?
– How is whiteness being claimed?
– How does understanding the demographic changes in Loara high school add context to the incident between Kevin Ferguson and the young brown and black youth?
– How did the historic Mexicana/o barrios come to share space with new class and racialized residents?
– Was it OK for Ferguson to put his hands on a 13-year-old young man?
– How does Anaheim treat its Brown and Black youth?
– Why was it not a surprise to hear the decision of Anaheim DA not to press charges against Kevin Ferguson?
– How was the incident reframed or repackaged as an incident of conflict between a homeowner-adult and the misbehaved brown teenagers?
– Shouldn’t off duty police officers be held to higher standard of criteria of appropriate behavior?
– How does the incident replicate the historic and contemporary USA pattern of police misconduct?
– Where does the belief in journalistic objectivity lie on what stories are investigated and or reported?
– What were the criteria for the decision not to press charges against Kevin Ferguson?
– Did the DA act in systematic form in not pressing charges against Kevin Ferguson as LAPD off-duty police officer?
– How is police power and police violence protected by the legal system?
– Why did it take the Anaheim DA a year for it to make its decision not to charge Kevin Ferguson with anything?
– Does the outrage over police misconduct dissipate?