Topic: Art, Resistance and Beauty
Segment: D Report
Participants: Soni Art, https://www.instagram.com/sonjiart/, https://sonjiart.wordpress.com/,
and Raul Gonzales from Mictlan Murals , https://mictlanmurals.com/,
Broadcast Air Date: 2/9/18 KUCR 88.3 FM.
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
– How do we describe art?
– Is art a tool for healing?
– Is art available to everyone?
– What are the different forms of accessible art?
– Is graffiti a form of art?
– What is wheat pasting?
– Can art be used a form of education?
– How do you quit your well-paying job to become a working artist?
– How do we express the beauty that exists in our communities?
– How do we take back the meaning of art and artists to be more inclusive?
– Is art a form of expression of what we dream?
– Can everyone be an artist?
– At what price do we put a way our dreams and or expression?
– How did political movement lead to becoming an artist?
– What is the process for making a community mural?
– Did art begin making stick figures?
– Is art in the US , white supremacist?
– How do we look to our peers in order to make our own movements?
– Did Alfaro Siqueiros get deported from Los Angeles?
– Is there conflict between community artists and having to sell your art in order stay alive?
– Is a powerful and meaning full art found in selling for a million dollars?
– Why is it difficult to pay the artist?
– Do non-profits put artist at the end of the funding list?
– How do arts based non-profits take advantage of artists?
– Respect the work of the artists by paying artist.
– Recognize all artists.
– Support an artist that is alive now and not a dead one.
– Why are the artists being displaced due to gentrification?
– Why do some artists go to jail for painting?
– Art and community’s resistance and revolution?
– How did business and Chicano Studies classes lead to making murals?
– How do you make complete and constructive change through community art ?
– Why do we value “pre -approved “ art?
– Are you a legitimate artist if you go to art school and get an MFA?,
– Why doesn’t some art as ask permission ?
– Does money corrupt art?
– Is graffiti art still free if it is sponsored?
– Is talking about art a talk about leisure time?
– Are the art dealers and galleries the ones that make money in art?
– Why are we speaking English, yet we’ve never been to England; We are speaking Spanish, yet we’ve never been to Spain?
– How does the language we use limit the things we can talk about?
– What are the different forms of Art?
– Are cooks and mechanics artists?
– What is art with a purpose?