06/15/18 Parenting for Liberation: Continuing the conversation
Segment: D Report
Participants: Trina Green Brown,
Broadcast Air Date: 06/15/18
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
Station: KUCR 88.3 FM Riverside, CA
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
– How do we take care of our children within the politics of a world that requires us to resist?
– What does it mean to parent from a place of fear?
– What is post traumatic slave syndrome and how does this trauma affect our parenting?
– How does the urgency to protect our children manifest fear?
– How do balance imparting preparation of our adult sight to our children without over burdening them?
– How do we acknowledge the brilliance of our children?
– Why can children imagine that a different world is possible, and adults can’t?
– Do we under estimate children’s potential for acceptance of and compassion for others?
– Do we see children in a disrespectful way?
– How do we have respectful relationships with our sons or daughters?
– How do we talk to our children about sex, gender, colonialism and other “isms?”
– Do other parents also feel alone in their fears and questions of parenting?
– How do we create spaces to engage with other parents, so we can realize we are not alone and heal?
– If you build it they will come?
– Are we able to build relationships of mutuality with our children that are removed patterns of dominance and control?
– What are ways of parenting that are rooted in trauma?
– What if we are not interested in enforcing the politics of respect onto our children?