Title: Meet me at “the Cheech”- Center for Chicano Art Culture and Industry
Topics: The Cheech, Cheech Marin Center for Chicano Art, community health, Art, Riverside
Segment: D Report
Participants: Ninfa Delgado lead member of “ UNIDOS” and Ofelia Valdez Yeager, Campaign Chair for “ the Cheech”
Broadcast Air Date: 06/29/18
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
Station: KUCR 88.3 FM Riverside, CA
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive pages: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
– What is the back story of the idea for the Chicano art museum, “ The Cheech?”
– How did the Riverside Art Museum reach out to the diverse communities of the city?
– How did the main public library building become a venue for Chicano art?
– How will the “the Cheech” museum become more than an art center?
– How do we acknowledge Chicano art as American art?
– How did Latino Network 25th anniversary celebration redirect its efforts to support “The Cheech?”
– What are the different roles that the divers community organizations play in the advancement of the people?
– What is the role of art in the health of communities?
– How do we represent our history through art?
– Are low rider cars a form of art?
– How does art transform communities?
– What are the different histories and stories within Riverside?
– Art is a language that is already in the community?
– Are we meeting at “the Cheech?”