Topic: California Indian Nations College, Higher education,
Participants: Aaron Thomas, Development Associate, California Indian Nation College
Segment: D Report
Broadcast Air Date: 10/11/2019
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive page: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
- How did California Indian Nations College begin?
- Can everyone attend California Indian Nations College begin?
- How do we create new spaces that counter the past pattern of making schooling inaccessible and difficult?
- Can we include our community elders into our educational journey?
- How are Tribal Colleges different from non-Tribal Colleges?
- How does the present school system replicate past school expectations of requiring us to give up cultural models if we wanted to succeed?
- How do we create new opportunities to succeed?
- What happens when you build a space where students don’t have hide?
- Gathering Under The Stars event is November 9, 2019 at UC Riverside Palm Desert campus from 4pm to 7 pm.