Topic: Identification Labels, Race Deconstruction
Participants: Daisy Ocampo, PhD, Historian
Segment: D Report
Broadcast Air Date: 10/11/2013
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive page: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
- What happens when labels do not fit?
- Who is included in the Hispanic label?
- Is Hispanic the same a Latino?
- Why do people accept imposed categories of identification?
- When was the Hispanic label adopted by the US government?
- How to people learn to become Hispanic?
- How do indigenous people challenge the Hispanic category?