Topic: Cinema Culturas Film Festival 2019, Education, Health, Communities Stories
Participants: Coney Martinez, PhD Founder of Cinema Culturas
Segment: D Report
Broadcast Air Date: 09/27/19
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive page: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending, www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC
- How do we tell the stories of the diaspora?
- What is the role of cinema in our communities?
- How does film make the talk about health and education more accessible?
- How do we create platforms to hear the voice of the people?
- What kinds of stories do the people share?
- How many languages can you use to dream?
- Is Spanglish a language?
- How do we recognize our communities as rightful language academies?
- The UC Riverside medical school is a supporting partner of Cinema Culturas.
- How do we give credit to different knowledge systems held by our communities that were achieved through their work and lived experiences?
- What is the emotional, psychological and educational impact of seeing films in a language you recognize at home?
- Película: Sueño en otro idioma, por director Ernesto Contreras
- How do you make the cinema accessible to more communities?
- Our community stories as valuable treasures.
- Cinema Culturas Film festival Inland Empire 2019: Sueña en grande, Sueño en otro idioma en otro idioma October 7 to 12