Topic: Left Coast Forum 2019,
Participants: Sharon Kyle and Dick Price, co-founders of Left Coast Forum.
Segment: D Report
Broadcast Air Date: 09/13/19
Time: 5:15 PM (PST)
KUCR station page: http://www.kucr.org
Archive page: https://soundcloud.com/stoppretending
Send comments about this segment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Segment produced in KUCR, the radio station of the University California in Riverside.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the sole responsibility of the respective speakers and do not represent the endorsed position of the UC Regents, UC Riverside or KUCR.
- What is the history of the Left Coast forum?
- How do you pull the progressive community together?
- What the relationship between the left forum of New York and the Left Coast forum in Los Angeles?
- How do we move from online digital communities to physical communities?
- How do we get people that share similar worldviews but different activism interests to talk and support each other’s cause?
- Who benefits from community fragmentation?
- Why is the left Coast forum organized around the centrality of race?
- How is the social construction of race used exclude people from access to college, health case and citizenship?
- How is the conversation of regarding race changing?
- What is race deconstruction?
- Are the newer generations less racist than previous generations?
- How has our society structurally conditioned people to emotionally and materially see themselves as different?
- Have we socially accepted segregation?
- How do talk about the centrality of race in political, environmental and health issues?
- The left coast forum takes place, October, 11, 12, 13 at Occidental College.