“ History does demonstrate that when we know better, we do better… and that’s what gives me hope… ”- Elliott Kim
Topics: Asian Hate, Racism, History, Anthropology, Community
Title: Stop Asian Hate: Building Solidarity Communities
Participants: Elliott Kim -Historian, Educator, Community Organizer, Actor and Writer
Publish Date: 04/05/2021
Homepage : http://www.dreport.org
Also available on:
AnchorFM, iTunes, RadioPublic, Spotify, Soundclound
- Is Anti- Asian hate, a resurgence of historic racist recipes of the United States?
- What is the relationship between the current anti-Asian acts of violence and anti-black racism?
- Why are older people targeted, when they are unable to fight back?
- What is the documented history of anti-Asian violence?
- How many of us have been targets of violence because of the color of our skin?
- Where do communities that are not perceived as White or Black, fit within the conversation of the white-black binary?
- Is the violence against Asian communities legitimatized by the beliefs of American nationalism?
- What California law made it illegal to bring a legal case against a white man?
People v. Hall 1850
- Why do we call some people “aliens?”
- Where does the hate come from?
- What is the difference between willful ignorance and conditional ignorance?
- How optimistic are we for humanity?
- How do we dismantle systems of thought for our self-liberation?
- How do we build communities of safety?
- Does hatred live in the infrastructure?
- Where do we find our optimism for a better future?
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay