Topics: Gender, Stereotypes, Femininity, Masculinity
Title : Questions of Gender: A conversation para los 2020’s
Participants: Gabriel Rodriguez and Angella Montano
Publish Date: 07/16/21
Homepage : http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: email@example.com
- What is the difference between teaching about gender and living with gender?
- What is gender to you?
- How do we define gender?
- Why do we consider women as the “weaker sex?”
- Why do we change our behavior to fit with the expectations of different gender categories?
- Where does gender exist?
- Is Gender nature or nurture?
- Can we see gender being taught?
- Do we have to leave our family to escape gender expectations?
- What is hyper femininity?
- Is cooking considered a responsibility of women?
- What does it mean to be a man?
- Is gender based on genitals?
- What does it mean to be more feminine or more masculine?
- Can gender be severed from biology?
- How do hair styles become markers of gender?
- What is the purpose of gendering children in school?
- How do we treat boys differently from girls?
- Why do we treat girls differently from boys?
- Is the purpose of gender for division of labor to control resources?
- Can we reject gender expectations?