“ I really think the reason we haven’t heard [the phrase coup d’état] more is because … I don’t think some people fully understand what [a coup d’état] means. What does it mean for a modern dictator to take power? I don’t think Americans are fully acquainted with that [experience]…”
– Dave Poyer
Topics: January 6, 2021, DC Capital Trump Riot, Insurgency .
Title: When Does a Riot Become a Coup d’état?
Participants: Dave Poyer,
Publish Date: 01/19/2021
Homepage : http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is the for-profit model of health care designed to address the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How do we make sense of what happened on January 6, 2021 in Washington D.C.?
- When was the last time that the capital was ran sacked?
- The rioting in D.C was not an accident.
- What were the logistics necessary to get over 66, 000 people to the US capital on January 6?
- At what point does a riot become an insurrection?
- How do political street fights move to political parties?
- Is the Hawaiian shirt a coded uniform for the “proud boys?”
- What will be the risk to the “ right of assembly” resulting from the January 6, 2021 protest that that turned into an unlawful entry into the Washington D.C. Capital?
- Will peaceful protests become criminalized because of the actions of the DC rioters?
- Is there a difference in calling the actions of the entry into the capital, an insurrection instead of coup d’état?
- What is the difference between legitimate and illegitimate power-grab?
- Why did we create funny memes of the people that entered the capital instead of taking actions of the rioters more seriously?
- How did information become weaponized?