The communities or what we can refer to as cultures are lived experiences shared by people… and even those [music] moments create communities…music has that power”- Eduardo Valencia
Topics: Music, Culture, Community-Building
Title: Music, Culture and Community in the Time of COVID
Participants: Eduardo Valencia, Musician and Music Educator
Publish Date: 02 /04/2021
Homepage : http://www.dreport.org
Send comments about this segment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is the role of music in community?
- How is music central to understanding people?
- How have musicians been affected by COVID-19?
- For many musicians there may not be a return to normal after COVID.
- Should musicians be considered essential workers?
- Why do most people assume music is a hobby?
- Is music a form of language?
- How do we support musicians during this COVID-19 shut down?
- How does music express community membership?
- How does music serve as an anchor to define community?
- Can music cross assumptions of cultural divides?
- Is music a type of language?
- Can music communicate across generational time?
- How does language serve as an archive of information?
- How did Richie Valens learn the song “La Bamba?”
- What does it mean to grid the music?
- What is the future of music?